February All-Member Minutes
Missed the February All-Member Meeting?
Catch with the February Member Minutes below.
Learn about Giving Sum members and the non-profits where they work. Plus, learn how you can help Giving Sum grow by serving on a Committee.
February All-Member Meeting
February 8, 2011 | 6 – 7:30 p.m. | Upper Ballroom, Athenaeum
- Welcome (Brendan)
- Ice Breaker (Michele GC)
- Giving Sum Member Panel Discussion (Becca P)
Becca introduced a panel of the following members who discussed their professional experience and their respective organizations:
- Alyssa: Marion County Commission on Youth. MCCOY’s mission is to champion the positive development of youth through leadership on key issues and support of the youth worker community.
- Reema: Center for Philantrophy. The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University is a leading academic center dedicated to increasing the understanding of philanthropy and improving its practice through research, teaching, public service and public affairs.
- Darcy: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana develops mentors committed to helping boys and girls grow into the next generation of caring, confident, and competent adults.
- Linda: Keep Indianapolis Beautiful. Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. unites people to build community and transform public spaces through aesthetic and environmental improvement.
- Ryan: Central Indiana Community Fund. CICF is a public charitable foundation transforming central Indiana in three ways: CICF is a public charitable foundation transforming central Indiana in three ways:
- By supporting donors, family foundations and their professional advisors on charitable giving.
- Awarding grants to effective not-for-profit organizations.
- Providing leadership to address community needs and seize opportunities.
- Let’s Talk Committees
Each committee provided volunteer needs. Members are to contact the committee chair to sign up for the 2011 year:
6 to 8 people who can help plan meetings, set-up meetings and welcome new members
- Grants – Mike Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org
6-8 people to assist with managing the grant process. Top 3 Issues grants will focus: Healthy Living, Economic Sufficiency & Access to Education
- Governance – Darcey Palmer-Schultz, email@example.com
2 people needed to help with legal and financial oversight
Need 6-8 volunteers who are creative thinkers and are able to provide contacts for silent auction items. In addition, assistance with securing product for Ale Yeah will also be essential.
- Marketing – Mary Catharine Grau, firstname.lastname@example.org
6-8 people needed to help with internal and external communication, as well as, social media initiatives. Limited time volunteering for event management or year-long assistance.
- Recruitment – Linda Broadfoot, email@example.com
A few members needed to assist with recruitment initiatives and PR. Recruitment Team will also set up meeting to present a Giving Sum overview to offices and various other community orgs. If you want them to come and present, please contact Linda.
- Noble – Tricia Trick-Eckert, firstname.lastname@example.org
2-3 people needed to assist with coordinating volunteer events and organizing these events on a calendar
- Announcements Brendan & Leslie
Days of Impact will be May 14 and August 20
- Announcements from other members
Tricia: Various Noble volunteer opportunities are listed on the website
Ed Holdaway: St. Baldricks Foundation is holding an event which raises money for youth cancer. Shave your head, donate or volunteer. See Ed for details.
- Adjournment (Brendan C)
- Please return nametags and help with clean-up
Upcoming Events & Notices
Visit www.givingsum.org and log into the member portal.
- Giving Sum Launch Party: 2/16 @ 6 p.m., Rathskellar Ballroom,
- Renew Your 2011 Membership: Go to www.givingsum.org, log into the member portal, select the “membership” tab, and then select “2011 Membership Plans.”